E3 is just starting its second day, and already some massive announcements have been made! I’m following the coverage on Kotaku, and I’ve been beside myself.
Here are some points I want to cover (So far)
- The PS Vita – not the coolest name, but a cool price of $249.99 for Wifi, and cool that it has 3G, but lame that it’s on AT&T’s network. That’s like giving Duke Nukem a slingshot.
- More PS Move Titles – I’ve been waiting for the PS Move to get the ball rolling with more titles, and not just various devices to put the wand in.
- Halo Remake and Halo 4 – Honestly, I was not expecting the first Halo to get a remake. Surprising to think it’s been 10 years already. I feel old.
- The Nintendo eShop and 3DS updates – I don’t actually own a 3DS or a DSi (I have the slightly slimmer model that succeeded the “ol’ clunker” model), but as a Nostalgia and Backwards-Compatibility Advocate (it sounds official, right?), I’m all-for playing my old games on new devices. But if I can play PokéMon Red and trade/battle people on other 3DS’s, I may have to go buy 1. Or 6. And then find friends.
- Nintendo 3DS system update is live, grab your free copy of Excitebike now (engadget.com)
- Sony unveils PlayStation telly (go.theregister.com)
- Email: On PS Vita’s Price (seanmalstrom.wordpress.com)
- E3 2011: Sony NGP Officially PS Vita (slashgear.com)
- BlazBlue Will Set PS Vita Ablaze [Plus] (kotaku.com)
- Nintendo 3DS gets web browser, eShop updates on time (electronista.com)
- E3 Update: Halo 4 (brainbuns.wordpress.com)
- Classic Halo remake coming to Xbox 360 (venturebeat.com)
- Live Blog: Nintendo Unveils New Console at E3 (blogs.wsj.com)